Friday, February 8, 2008

All That You Can't Leave Behind

It is important, in any financial planning, or retirement goal setting, to think of One thing, namely Elevation. From that perspective, we can see all that you can't leave behind, instead of not seeing the forest for the Joshua Trees.

For example, we might have sky high dreams for retirement, but I say to you to bullet the blue sky. Pop! In the name of love, U2 can visit the playboy mansion. From there you may end up in a retirement home, but it is where the streets have no name. Who's gonna ride your wild horses then? Does your spouse say that they will go to a retirement home, with or without you? Do you think that he or she will be happy eating crumbs from your table.

Achtung Baby: A plan is better than the real thing. In this way, we address our desire, and at the same time, we avoid any war with the Gloria in our lives.

5 comments:

Scott Lahti said...

Boy: there's a post that wakes you up and shouts, "Achtung, Baby!" No Lemon in your showroom. Now if only you could tackle nuclear nonproliferation: we await your efforts in how to dismantle an atomic Bono...

Scott Lahti said...

Nice to see an idealist lawyer working *pro Bono* for a (social) change...

New World Man said...

This is my insipid waste of time post.

Scott Lahti said...

Funny what hybrid vehicles some of us have become. On the one hand, I live with ease in a materially ultra-stripped, semi-Luddite neo-Thoreauvian style, at once pared and unpaired. And on the other, I'm so wired that I even take my wi-fi'd laptop to the porcelain throne and bathtub, and thanks to RSS feeds, read and repond to your BC and POP posts within moments of their hitting the web, while steaming and Eurek!ing in the tub a la Archimedes...current drink: Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate (limited time, till March)

New World Man said...

Yeah I am living in those two worlds as well. I don't drive a fancy car, live in a big house, etc..

My time is limited -- I spend my reading time on the web. I'm trying to see what voice works here for me.